How to make Classic French Toast
Drizzled with syrup and dusted with powdered sugar, Classic French Toast is the perfect recipe for a special weekend brunch with your family. All you need is a hungry appetite, seven ingredients (most of which you likely have on hand), and 25 minutes to make this tasty meal happen. Serve slices while they're still warm, and watch them disappear fast! Spend some quality time with your family and show them how to make the best French toast recipe
- Prep time : 25 min
- Ingredients :7
- Servings : 7
- Total: 25 min
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk SAVE $
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 loaf (1 lb) brioche or challah bread, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients that you should already
have on hand.
Eggs(beaten), Granulated Sugar, Ground Cinnamon, Vanilla, Brioche or Challah Bread, Powdered sugar.
In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
Heat nonstick griddle to 375°F or skillet over medium heat. Grease with vegetable oil, if necessary.
Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on griddle.Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle each serving with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup, if desired.
- For a richer flavor, use whole milk.
- If you want to dry the bread slices before making French toast, place in single layer on baking rack. Let stand 2 hours or overnight to dry.
- Top French toast with fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or blackberries.
- The key to making great French toast lies in bringing the griddle or skillet to the right temperature. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (375°F) for about 10 minutes before cooking.
Did you make this recipe?