How to make Santa Cinnamon Rolls
Add some "ho ho ho" to your holiday mornings with these cute Santa cinnamon rolls. Made with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ cinnamon rolls and a smooth cream cheese icing, these sweet breakfast treats are as fun to eat as they are to decorate!
- 1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar , Red gel food color
- 10 candy eyeballs
- 5 small red gumdrops
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
The Santa Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients that you should already
have on hand.
Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
Cream cheese(softened), powdered sugar, Red gel food color,candy eyeballs
Red gumdrops, miniature marshmallows
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Separate dough into 5 rolls. Place rolls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten rolls slightly with hands.
Bake about 10 minutes or until light golden brown and firm enough to turn. With fork, turn over and bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place icing and cream cheese; beat with spoon until well blended. Stir in powdered sugar until mixed well. Transfer 1/4 cup of the icing mixture to small bowl; tint with red food color to desired color. Cover and refrigerate until ready to decorate.
On flat side of each roll, spread about 1 tablespoon icing mixture over bottom half of roll to make base for beard.
For hat, spread tinted icing mixture to cover unfrosted part on top half of each roll, leaving a space for the eyes. Attach candy eyeballs to unfrosted portion of cinnamon roll using a small amount of icing.
Slightly flatten red gumdrop; place near top of frosted beard for nose. Press miniature marshmallows onto frosted beard, and add marshmallow on end of hat for pom pom. Decorate using photo as a guide. Serve remaining icing mixture with cinnamon rolls, or refrigerate for another use.
- Swap the marshmallows for white sparkling decorating sugar to give Santa's beard a different look.
- Don't have candy eyeballs? Use M&M's® chocolate candies instead.
- Press down the cinnamon roll dough before baking to help keep the rolls flat in the oven. This also gives you more surface area to decorate!
- Cool cinnamon rolls completely before decorating—this prevents the icing mixture from sliding off the sides due to the heat from the rolls.
- Serve cinnamon rolls with the extra icing on the side.