Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe.
WHICH PEANUT BUTTER TO USE?
When it comes to the peanut butter, feel free to use your favorite. I’m a smooth and creamy guy, but chunky peanut butter is fine, too.
I even tested this recipe with an all-natural spread and the cookies turned out great—just be sure to mix the peanut butter thoroughly before adding it to the batter to get rid of any separation.
|about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (129g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups (187g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped
Easy PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOME
The Peanut butter blossoms recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients that you should already have on hand. unsalted butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar brown sugar, large egg, flour, baking powder, kosher salt, chocolate kiss candies
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately: Mix together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in a bowl with a wooden spoon (or you can use an electric or stand mixer) until smooth and combined; add in the egg and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make the cookie dough: Slowly, in a couple of additions, add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and combine to form the cookie dough.
- Shape the cookie: Add a few tablespoons of sugar to a small bowl. Scoop into balls with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Roll between your hands to form a ball, and then coat it with sugar.
Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart.
- Bake the cookies: Bake the cookies on the middle rack about 12 minutes, until slightly spread out, domed on the top, and golden on the bottom. Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Cool and store: Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to finish cooling completely. These cookies will keep for a few days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
The peanut butter blossom is a classic for cookie platters, cookie swaps, and bake sales. They are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature, which will help keep the chocolate kiss nice and soft. They will keep for several days before they start to dry out.
They hold up well in shipping, too! Just chill them for a bit in the fridge first so the chocolate can harden and retain its shape in transport.