NO BAKECHOCOLATE SCOTCHEROOS
No BAKE CHOCOLATE scotcheroos
healthy chocolate scotcheroos are light, crispy and require no baking. These bars are easy to make and a crowd pleaser!
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural creamy peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice crisps
- 1 1/2 cups 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Easy CHOCOLATE scotcheroos
The CHOCOLATE scotcheroos recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple
ingredients that you should already have on hand. brown rice syrup, peanut butter
vanilla extract, salt, brown rice crisps, 70% dark chocolate, coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the brown rice syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt together in a small pot on medium heat or in the microwave. Mix together until well combined.
- Mix the brown rice crisps into the syrup mixture until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press down
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or microwave until melted then pour and spread evenly over the bars.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set then cut into even squares.
There are so many variations you can make to these healthy chocolate scotcheroos. The first swap you can make is the to make the scotcheroos without peanut butter. Some other options you can use instead:
- Any other nut butter (almond butter, cashew butter)
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sunflower butter
- Soy nut butter
You can also add any mix in’s to this recipe if you like any additional flavours. I’d stick to about max. 1/2 cup of mix-ins (otherwise you may need to adjust your liquid ingredients.) Here are some mix-in options that would be delicious in this recipe:
- Shredded coconut
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- Cacao nibs
- chopped dates
- crushed pretzels