NO BAKE TURTLE COOKIES RECIPE
These No Bake Turtle Cookies start with chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies topped with thick caramel, pecans, and a drizzle of chocolate! Perfect for Christmas baking.
|10 mins||25 mins|
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 24 pecan halves
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp milk
Easy TURTLE COOKIES
The TURTLE COOKIES recipe is incredibly easy.
It contains simple ingredients that you should already have on hand.
Unsalted butter, granulated sugar, cocoa, milk, salt, vanilla, oats ,
shredded coconut, dulce de leche, pecan halves, chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, salt and vanilla. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking often. Boil 1 minute, and then add oats and coconut to the pot and stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets and flatten the tops slightly. Allow to cool and set (you can speed this up in the refrigerator or freezer).
- Once set, spread each cookie with a spoonful of dulce de leche and top with a pecan half.
- Melt together chopped chocolate and milk and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Store cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.
Did you make this recipe?