How to make No-Bake Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares
This is one of those home recipes that emulates almost perfectly a store-bought treat: in this case, peanut butter cups.
|Cook Time:||PREP TIME||
|15 mins||1hr 15 mins|
- 1 1/2 cups (213g) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (227g) butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups (283g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (269g) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, confectioners' sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the peanut butter layer is chilling, melt the chocolate chips, in a microwave oven or in a double boiler on top of the stove. Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter.
- Cut the bars into squares, or use a 1 1/2" to 2" heart cookie cutter to cut them into hearts. Leave them in the pan. Return them to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Store well wrapped at cool room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.