How to make No Bake Haystack Cookies
These Haystack Cookies are made with butterscotch, peanut butter, chocolate and chow mein noodles for an easy no-bake treat that's ready in about 10 minutes!
|CHILLING TIME||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|30 mins||10 mins||40 mins|
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 ½ heaping cups chow mein noodles
- Optional garnish: sprinkles
Easy Haystack Cookies
The Haystack Cookies recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients
that you should already have on hand. Butterscotch chips, Chocolate chips
Peanut butter, Chow mein noodles, Optional garnish: sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the mixture is just melted. Add noodles and mix well.
- Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Add sprinkles on top, if desired. Refrigerate until set, approximately 30 minutes.Store in airtight container to maintain crunch.
- Store in airtight container to maintain crunch.
How to Store Haystack Cookies:
You can definitely keep the Haystack Cookies in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for at least 1 week. They're definitely very hard when refrigerated; however, so my family prefers to leave them in an airtight container at room temperature. Trust me...a batch doesn't last long!
Can Haystack Cookies be Frozen?
Yes! If you want to prep a batch of these cookies far in advance (hello, Christmas cookies!!!), you can place the cooled, hardened cookies in a Ziploc bag and freeze them for at least 1-2 months.