How to make Holiday Reindeer Cookies
Holiday Reindeer Cookies are easy no-bake cookies that the whole family will love! They’re fun to make, and perfect for parties and cookie exchanges!
- 24 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 2 cups melted milk chocolate (either a whole bag of morsels or about a 1/2 brick of almond bark, or chocolate candy melts) , melted according to package directions
- 1 TBS crisco
- 12 stick pretzels snapped in half
- 24 mini pretzels
- 24 red circular candies , I used M&Ms
- 24 eye candies
- Parchement paper for laying the cookies
Add crisco to the bowl of melted chocolate and stir until well combined; set aside.
Working one cookie at a time, dip a cookie into the melted chocolate (I just used a fork and tapped excess chocolate before placing on paper) and place onto the parchment paper.
Dip the bottom of the mini pretzel in chocolate and stick on the top as the antlers.
Dip the tips of the straight pretzels into the chocolate and stick those against the ‘body’.
Dab a tiny bit of chocolate on the red candy and place it on the nose. Set the eye candy on the top of the head (you shouldn't have to add chocolate for this step).
Repeat for all cookies.
Allow at least 30 minutes to dry, but the longer the better.
- Just a tip, when you put the antler pretzels on the top, they will not stay in position until dry. You need to prop something under the pretzel to hold it up. In this case, I just used a row of non chocolate coated Nutter Butter cookies because they were the perfect height. In about 20 minutes when the chocolate is set, you can remove and voila – they are hardened and staying in place on their own.
- Also, don’t worry too much about the legs, as long as the melted chocolate is touching the melted chocolate on the body, it will dry together. It will seem wobbly and not great while wet, but once it sets it will be perfect.