How to make German Chocolate NILLA Sandwiches
Enjoy the irresistible flavor of German chocolate cake in these bite-size treats. And since they're portion controlled, they're the perfect dessert to include as part of a balanced diet.
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- COMBINE 1 cup coconut, nuts and milk; spoon onto flat sides of 24 wafers. Cover with remaining wafers to make sandwiches.
- MICROWAVE whipped topping and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 to 55 sec. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Spread onto tops of cookie sandwiches; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- REFRIGERATE 15 min. or until chocolate is firm.
How to Store
Store cookie sandwiches in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
How to Toast Coconut
Toasting coconut is easy. Just spread coconut evenly onto bottom of shallow pan. Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 10 min. or until coconut is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Or, spread coconut onto bottom of microwaveable pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or until lightly browned, stirring every minute. Watch carefully as coconut can easily burn.