How to make Fudgy Pecan Pie Brownie Bars
This Thanksgiving, forget the pie pan: Bake your favorite pecan pie in brownie form! Pillsbury™ Place & Bake™ chocolate fudge brownies form the base of these bars, and a sweet pecan pie topping seals the deal. Trust us: These brownies won't last long at the dessert table.
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury™ Place & Bake™ refrigerated chocolate fudge brownies
- 3 tablespoons butter SAVE $
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
The Fudgy Pecan Pie Brownie Bars recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients that you should already have on hand. Pillsbury Ready To Bake Chocolate Fudge Brownies, butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, egg(beaten), salt, vanilla, coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of pan. Grease bottom and sides of foil-lined pan with shortening or cooking spray. Press brownies evenly in pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Beat in brown sugar, whipping cream, egg and salt with whisk until well blended. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil and is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans. Set aside to cool.
- Spoon pecan topping evenly over baked brownies. Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Store in refrigerator.
To easily line baking pan with foil, first form foil around underside of pan. Remove, and place inside pan.
Substitute evaporated milk for heavy whipping cream, if desired.
Use a serrated plastic knife to easily cut brownies.