How to make Brownies at home!?
How Long Do You Put Brownies In The Oven?
Bake brownies for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist clumps clinging to it. There will also be a little batter stuck to the toothpick but it shouldn’t be covered in thick uncooked batter. Take care not to overbake brownies.
|Cook Time:||PREP TIME||Total Time:|
|30mins||35 mins||3 hours 5 minutes|
Ingredients (US Cups - Metric)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 once semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs / 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Main Brownie Ingredients
- Butter: is necessary for a rich, chewy brownie.
- Sugar: not only will sugar add sweetness, it will also melt during baking and help with the chewiness.
- Flour: the more flour you use, the cakier a brownie will be. Typically I use 1 cup of flour for super fudgy brownies but for this recipe, I added 1/4 cup more.
- Eggs: the main structure of brownies. I also added an extra egg yolk to get more chewiness.
How To Make Brownies?
STEP 01 - Melt the chocolate and butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth. You can also microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one.
STEP 02 - Mix in the sugar
It’s important to add the sugar while the melted chocolate is hot. The sugar will melt ensuring the baked brownies aren’t grainy.
STEP 03 - Mix in the eggs and vanilla
Let the chocolate mixture cool before adding the eggs so they don’t scramble. Then whisk them in really well with the vanilla.
STEP 04 - Mix in the flour and cocoa powder
Add the flour and cocoa powder then use a silicone spatula to fold it in just
until it’s incorporated. Take care not to overmix.
STEP 05 - Bake
Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes in a 350°F oven.Use the toothpick test to check for doneness. There should be a little batter and a few moist crumbs clinging to the toothpick.
Make ahead tip
- Brownies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bring to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe doubles easily. Bake in a 9x13-inch baking pan for about 35 to 40 minutes.