How to make Banana bread
WHAT IS BANANA BREAD?
Banana bread is a moist, cake-like bread that is a made using ripe, mashed bananas. It’s a “quick bread” which means the leavening agents in the batter are baking soda and baking powder, and not yeast, like regular bread recipes, so it’s ready to bake right away.
|Cook Time:||Prep time||Total time|
|1hr 10 mins||15 mins||1h 25 mins|
- 1 cup granulated sugar / 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Easy banana bread
- The BANANA BREAD recipe is incredibly easy. It contains simple ingredients that you should already have on hand. butter, granulated sugar, egg, banana mashed ground cinnamon, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or similar size loaf pan). I also like to line the bottom of the pan with a small piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the mashed banana and milk and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir everything just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing the bread from the pan and allowing it to cool completely.
TIPS FOR MOIST AND PERFECT BANANA BREAD:
- Use room temperature ingredients, particularly the eggs and butter.
- For extra moist and soft banana bread, don’t over-mix the batter! Especially when you add the flour mixture, just lightly mix it in.
- If the bread is browning too much in the oven before the time is up, place a piece of tinfoil over it.