How to Make a Frankenstein cake
This Frankenstein cake is such an amazing creative SIMPLE way to celebrate one of the most iconic tales of all time for this halloween!
∙ Serves 12
Baking & Spices
- 1 box Betty crocker chocolate fudge cake mix, Super Moist
- 1 Betty crocker decorating icing, black
- 1 container Betty crocker frosting, Rich & Creamy creamy white
- 1 Betty crocker neon gel food color, green
- 1 Food color, Black
- 2 pieces String licorice, black
- 1 Water
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place cake, bottom side up, on large platter or foil-covered cookie sheet. Remove 2 tablespoons of white frosting from container; set aside. Remove one-third of the frosting (about 1/2 cup) to small bowl. Tint black; set aside. Tint remaining frosting neon green. Frost sides and top of cake with neon green frosting.
- Using picture as a guide, use decorating icing with a round tip to outline hair. Add licorice pieces for eyebrows. Use reserved white frosting to form eyes. Use icing to outline remaining facial features. Spread black frosting within the outlines to fill in the hair. Store loosely covered.