How to make Brookie Bars
These brookie (brownie + cookie) bars as delightful to eat as they are to make! A simple baking hack brings these bars to life in just three ingredients, making this your new favorite easy baking project. P.S. This is a perfect recipe to bake with kids—have them help press the dough into the pan or mix the chocolate candies into the cookie dough before baking.
- Prep time : 10 min
- Ingredients : 3
- Servings : 16
- Total: 3 hr
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury™ Place & Bake™ refrigerated chocolate fudge brownies
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over sides of pan for easy removal after baking. Spray with cooking spray.
Press brownies evenly into bottom of pan. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until brownies are set around edges and toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out almost clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Crumble cookie dough into medium bowl; mix in chocolate candies. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto top of baked brownie layer. With back of spoon or offset metal spatula, gently press cookie dough together to form even layer.
Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until cookie layer is set and golden brown. (Cover with foil the last 5 minutes if necessary, to prevent overbrowning.) Cool completely, about 2 hours. Remove bars from pan; cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Line your baking pan with foil for easy removal of the bars for cutting.
- Customize the bars by using colored M&M's® candies that match the holiday.
- Swap the Pillsbury™ refrigerated cookies or brownies flavors for your own favorites, such as sugar cookies, Reese's peanut butter cookies, peanut butter brownies or marshmallow brownies. Note that bake time may vary.
Did you make this recipe?