White Chocolate Orange Pots de Crème
4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1. Position a rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F. Coat six 5-ounce ramekins lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Place ramekins in a large baking or roasting pan and set aside.
2. Place white chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine milk and heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour hot milk mixture over chopped chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, then whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and egg yolks. Gradually whisk about one-third of hot cream mixture into egg mixture. Whisk in remaining cream mixture and orange zest. Pour mixture into prepared ramekins, dividing it evenly.
5. Place baking pan on oven rack and carefully pour enough hot water into pan so that it comes halfway up sides of ramekins. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, until custards jiggle slightly and are very shiny.
6. Remove ramekins from water bath and cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
7. Refrigerate pots de crème for at least 3 hours before serving.
Next Article: White Chocolate Coconut Mousse and Mango Parfait