White Chocolate Lemon Semifreddi
7 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
4 large egg whites
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Place white chocolate in medium bowl. In medium saucepan, bring cream to gentle boil. Pour cream over white chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds, to melt chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
2. Transfer mixture to bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat at medium speed until soft peaks form. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Cut out 6 strips of aluminum foil, each measuring 6" x 12". Fold each strip in half lengthwise, to form 3" x 12" strips. Wrap each strip around outside of six 4-ounce ramekins, and secure with tape (the “collar” should extend about 1" above top of ramekin).
4. In bowl of electric mixer, using whisk attachment, beat egg whites at medium-high speed until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into white chocolate mixture along with lemon zest and juice. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling them to top of collar and smoothing tops. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
5. Remove collars and serve frozen.
Next Article: White Chocolate Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream