Sticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky toffee sauce:
4 cups heavy cream
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
Sticky toffee pudding:
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) dates, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sliced strawberries for serving (optional)
1. Make sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, or until sauce has reduced to about 3 1/2 cups. Set aside. To make ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours, then reheat over low heat.
2. Make pudding: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Generously grease a 12-cup bundt pan or twelve 6-ounce bundt pan muffin cups.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine water, dates, and baking soda. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Combine flour and baking
powder in a medium bowl. Stir well to blend. Set aside.
4. In an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla extract, and half of flour mixture. Beat in all of date mixture, then remaining flour, until well blended. Pour or spoon into prepared pan(s) and bake about 45 minutes for bundt pan, 12 minutes for bundt pan muffins cups, or until cake is golden brown. Pour half of toffee sauce over cake(s) and continue baking for about 15 minutes, or until skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto plate(s).
5. To serve, cut large cake into slices and drizzle toffee sauce over each slice. If serving individual cakes, put one in center of a plate and spoon some sauce over. Garnish with sliced strawberries, if desired.
For more gourmet chocolate recipes, and other ways to create a specialty chocolate gift, please see our chocolate recipes section. Thank you for visiting chocolate.com.