Raspberry Danish Twists
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
1/4 cup confectioners sugar, plus additional for rolling out dough
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle work space with confectioners' sugar and roll pastry sheet into a 12" square. Cut in half lengthwise. Then cut crosswise into six rows (for a total of 12 strips, each 2" by 6").
3. Spread each strip with a scant 11/2 teaspoons raspberry jam. Fold strip in half lengthwise to form 1" wide strips. Twist each strip 3 times and place on prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425º F.
4. Bake twists until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer twists to rack and set over a sheet of wax paper or foil. Cool pastry.
5. In small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, milk, and lemon juice until smooth. Using tablespoon, drizzle over cooled pastry. Serve immediately or store in airtight container.
This recipe developed by Mary Schaaf Mulard