Lavender-Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Apricot
Apricot honey-vanilla gelée:
1 cup strained apricot preserves
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1/2 cup cool water
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons half-and-half
Zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon dried lavender
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
1/4 cup cool water
1/3 cup buttermilk
1. Make gelée: In small saucepan, combine strained apricot preserves, water, sugar, honey, vanilla bean (and seeds) and thyme; bring to boil. Remove from heat, cover and let steep 10 minutes.
2. Place gelatin in small bowl with water and stir. Let rest 5 minutes.
3. Add gelatin to apricot mixture, stirring to dissolve. Strain through fine sieve. Let cool slightly, but not enough to set. Divide the gelée among eight 4-ounce ramekins. Chill until set.
4. Make panna cotta: In small saucepan, combine cream, half-and-half, orange zest, lavender and sugar. Bring
to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to steep for five minutes.
5. In small bowl, pour gelatin into cool water and stir. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir into cream mixture. Stir in buttermilk and strain through fine sieve. Divide evenly among the ramekins that have been placed on baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set.
6. Garnish with strawberries, blueberries and thyme sprig.
Tribute, 31425 W. 12 Mile, Farmington Hills, MI 48334; 810-848-1313.
Next Article: Milk Chocolate Gianduja Pots de Crème