Kids In The Kitchen: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup salted roasted peanuts
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound box confectioners’ sugar
4 cups chocolate-peanut butter chips
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Place peanuts into bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade attachment.
2. Pulse peanuts until finely chopped. Remove and place into small bowl.
3. Place peanut butter and butter into large bowl. With hand-held electric mixer, beat until completely smooth. Add vanilla and beat, scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula, as necessary.
4. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar and beat until combined. (The mixture should be thick.)
5. Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Roll peanut butter mixture into 1" balls (about the size of “super balls”). When they are all rolled, cover sheet pan with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile, place chocolate-peanut butter chips and unsalted butter into bowl and melt according to directions.
7. Poke toothpick into center of each ball and dip into melted chocolate, using spoon to drizzle over top of peanut butter ball, if necessary. Coat entire ball. Place on baking sheet and immediately sprinkle chopped peanuts over top. Have Grown Up reheat chocolate, if necessary. Place in refrigerator to harden. Remove toothpicks before serving. Store in cool location in airtight container.