Grace Neill’s Chocolate and Guinness Brownies
4 large eggs
3/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups Guinness stout
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Butter an 8" square baking pan.
2. In an electric mixer, combine eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Melt together bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter according to directions in Chocolate Key on page 65. Remove from heat and beat into egg mixture.
4. Sift together flour and cocoa powder and beat into chocolate mixture. Whisk in Guinness stout.
5. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center comes out almost clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust with confectioners’ sugar and cut into squares.
For more gourmet chocolate recipes, and other ways to create a specialty chocolate gift, please see our chocolate recipes section. Thank you for visiting chocolate.com.
Next Article: Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Triangles