Espresso Mascarpone Parfait
Two 9-ounce packages Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 cups heavy cream, chilled and divided
1 pound mascarpone
4 teaspoons instant espresso powder, dissolved in 4 teaspoons hot water and cooled
2/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons superfine sugar, divided
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, pulse chocolate wafers until finely ground. With motor running, stream in melted butter until mixture comes together.
3. Press wafer mixture into bottom of 9" tart or cake pan, and bake for 12-14
minutes, or until set. Set aside to cool, and then break with a fork into crumbs.
4. In bowl of electric mixer, using whisk attachment, whip 1 cup of cream at high speed until soft peaks form. Set aside in refrigerator.
5. In bowl of electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat mascarpone, espresso mixture and 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar at medium speed until combined and creamy.
6. Gently fold whipped cream into
7. In a separate bowl, whip remaining 2 cups of cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until soft to medium peaks form.
8. In 8-ounce custard cups, sherbet glasses or wine glasses, spoon alternating layers of wafer crumbs and mascarpone mixture twice, until there are 4 layers total. Top off with a layer of whipped cream.
This recipe developed by Kim Steckler