DOVE® Chocolate Eruption
6 DOVE® Dark Chocolate 1.3 oz Singles Bars or 29 DOVE® Dark Chocolate Miniatures
8 ounces butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 eggs, room temperature (about 70 degrees)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour, sifted
Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Butter eight 4-ounce individual ramekins and set aside.
3. Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter. Keep it hot.
4. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, add the eggs and sugar, and begin to whip the mixture on medium speed. Beat fdor 2 to 3 minutes, just until it turns lemony yellow (not pale or white).
5. Meanwhile, whisk the all-purpose flour into the hot chocolate mixture.
6. Add the hot chocolate mixture all at once to the mixing bowl containing the egg and sugar mixture, and whisk for 1 minute.
7. Remove from the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Divide evenly among the containers filling up just to the top. Place on baking pan.
8. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn the pan one-half turn and continue baking for 3-4 minutes more. The cakes will be firm on the outside rim and erupting in the center. Lightly dust with confectioner's sugar and serve immediately.
Yield: Makes 8 4 ounce cakes
Next Article: Bittersweet Chocolate Semifreddo with Coconut Cream